View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 04:50 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Kyle,

KC will be buyers even with the contract situation looming with 4 players or more.

However, KC needs to right the ship and take the next 2 games from Detroit.

There will be no playoff team from the Central, only the Division winner.

Who is KC looking at? Jay Bruce and JD Martinez. Bruce was heavily rumored to be coming to KC back in 14 I believe. Another SP, or lights out reliever should be in the mix.

Detroit is in full sell mode. My guess is anyone on that team can be had, excluding Verlander and Fulmer.

Cleveland needs to get pitching figured out, and should buy.

Twins are still young, but need to make a splash in FA with an arm.

Sox are in full rebuild mode, and will sell off Quintana and Frazier.

KC doesn't have much left in the farm system, but there are some nice players there. So they aren't dry yet, but close.

Where is KC's FA going?

Hosmer is sooooooooo gone. He has NOTHING keeping him here. No family, no wife and kids. This guy is single with a couple of girls in each MLB town and then some. KC drafted his replacement this past draft.

Hosmer goes to the Yankees. Greg Bird is injury prone and can't stay on the field. This is an easy flight for Hosmer's family in FL. I suppose EH could go to the Marlins, but they have Bour who has more power, and just as young. So he would have to be traded I guess if that happens. Hosmer's game doesn't translate well to Miami. His numbers would suffer quite a bit. A wild card could be the Rockies. They have a BIG need at 1st.

Escobar is gone too, for different reasons than Hosmer. Escobar is horrible at the plate. Nice glove, but Escobar is one of the worst offensive players in the game. Besides, KC has a replacement in Mondesi.

Moose is the player KC will try hardest to sign. He's getting some roots in KC being married and a new dad. His wife is actively involved in the community. Potential problems though are that Mike and the wife are BOTH from SoCal. So, the Angels are a great fit if KC can't or won't pony up. KC could use Cheslor Cuthbert at third is they lose Moose. It would be KC like to find a retread for 3rd though and 1st as well.

Cain will try to be signed by KC on the cheap. He usually gets hurt and misses 20 or so games a year. Plus he's 31 and I don't believe the money is there for him. Cain bats 3rd in KC lineup, and that's not a typical spot for his style of offense. A more potent offense, and he's batting lower. Cain's married with a couple of kids and lives in Norman, OK. That's an easy drive to KC. Anywhere else, and he's flying home.

The GM, Dayton Moore, has REALLY blown it signing Alex Gordon to a " lifetime " contract. That money could have been used now.

Just my 2 cents worth.....

Last edited by KCRfan1; 06-28-2017 at 04:55 PM. Reason: added more stuff!