View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 08:03 AM

I'd go with 1987. The way I look at it, anything before that time production may have been going up, but demand still outstrips supply for the vast majority of that material. After that, we see unopened material available in box or case form for less than what it retailed for at the time, in some cases, less than wholesale of that time. The 1987 Fleer is still a bit above new release pricing from back then, but Topps and Donruss are at or below it, and in 1988...yeah, you are looking at products where shipping is more than the product itself for much of it. (certain exclusions apply as always, 89 UD, 90 Leaf, 92 Bowman, 93 Finest, etc) if we can buy $70 Vending cases, sub $150 wax cases, $6/ box today for products that were $14.40+ tax at the drug store 25+ years ago. I mentioned in another thread I have a box of 1988 Fleer I still have with an index card clipped to it showing I bought it in November of 1989 for $28 (which was below going rate at the time), and now I can buy a sealed case for $8.50 per box (plus shipping) from places like BBCexchange.