View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Dan Mabey

Talking 1962 Post Canadian Baseball Card Production

Colleagues -- I am now finishing my sixth revision to the 80 page monograph on the 1962P Canadian set and promotion, entitled NORTHERN EXPOSURE. I have updated the book to include expanded narrative and photos of advertising items, detailed descriptions and reproductions of all triple and double prints (keyed to cereal variety and size), and several Sugar Crisp 6-card uncut panels. WHERE I NEED HELP -- Does anybody, particularly advanced collectors in Canada, have information on where the Canadian copy art and text were prepared? After over 30 years of intensive investigation, I've got zip. I am attempting to understand the entire process of planning, production, and execution of the set. Unlike the 1962P U.S. set, I have never located "insiders" at General Foods or Post involved in the promotion. Any person who can furnish verifiable data on the preparation of copy art, text, rotogravure printing, lamination, box assembly, and distribution of this incredible bilingual set will receive a FREE copy of the updated NORTHERN EXPOSURE. [NOTE: Informed speculation is welcome, but we may have to negotiate consideration (smile).] Thanks, and KEEPMEPOSTED!