View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 06:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Hey Ronnie, so what did the dealer want for the Vic Power JELL-O box? Fruit flavor, pudding & pie filling flavor----it matters not one bit. If it's a complete box, it's solid gold, or if you prefer, name your favorite gemstone. I'm not out to score a box, or make a phone call; I just "enzhoy" the 1962 JELL-Os!

IF you decide to pursue Vic, a major point of negotiation is Vic's picture---was it printed nicely, and was it preserved reasonably well over these past 56 years?

Have a good National, bro. --- Brian Powell
i went back to the dealer's table today to take some photos, and the Vic Power box was gone. the dealer said an Indians collector bought both the Vic Power box and an unfolded, complete Jello box from 1963 that had a Willie Kirkland card on it. I remember seeing that the other day, and it was eye-popping. Mint condition, no folds or creases. The dealer sold the two items for $1,000.

i remember wednesday he had $300 on the Power box and $900 on the unfolded Kirkland, so obviously he dealt a bit. kind of kicking myself for not buying the 1962 Power box. Though it had been opened, so one end wasn't perfect, the card card was nice. the side opposite the card had a small dent, but nothing terrible. i'm not well versed in these, but it displayed nicely in my opinion.