View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Travis or anyone who might know for sure- did Donavon try to sell that cut on the B-S-T after it was kicked off ebay for authenticity questions?

yes he did, it was kicked off of ebay, he tried to sell it on b/s/t on 3/13/2012 at 5:59 p.m. for about a 25% discount, 1000 dollars versus the 1300 he wanted on ebay.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=148790

it had run on haulsofshame.com on March 12th, 2012 as having been already pulled from ebay.

http://haulsofshame.com/blog/?p=11626

Only took it off b/s/t after it was made clear to him that people here were aware of the controversy. At 11:31 p.m. he said no longer for sale until further notice. He already knew it had authenticity problems because they yanked it from ebay at least a day before if not sooner.

didn't seem too concerned about the authenticity then when he put it for sale here when it had already been pulled by ebay for authenticity issues.

When people questioned him, only then was he concerned about sending it back to psa for re-evaluation, didn't have those same concerns when he offered it up here for 1000 bucks when it had already got the ebay boot.

When Leon made him aware of the situation he said this.

-----------------------------
Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. I am currently at wars with ebay over the situation. I can tell you this much. The cut is real green ink on really old paper & it was found with a bunch of original 1930's & early 1940's Goudey cards. I personally sent the card in for PSA/DNA grading along with a 1939 Exhibits Ted Williams that I had signed at a card show in the 80's. It is not a laser copy as the author of the article has insinuated. I am seriously thinking of legal action, as this is clearly defamation of character on this author's part. I have never sold or attempted to sell a fake to anyone in all of my year's of collecting!

-----------------------------

so if he was at war with ebay over the situation, he had no qualms to offer it up here?

Last edited by travrosty; 04-28-2012 at 04:21 PM.