View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 04:36 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Default "Common" question for set builders

I want to build a VGish 1958 Topps set. The Standard Catalog prices commons in this set in VG at $2.57. I see some of the sources I have purchased cards from in the past have commons in this set for about $2.50 per...which is a lot cheaper than the higher grade stuff I have traditionally gone for. I figured I could get commons for this set cheaper in lots, but many if not most of the lots I am finding don't appear to be dramatically less expensive when I break down the price per card. Am I missing something? Is $2.50 per too much, or do you guys think it is an ok (but not great) price?

I probably should have a better handle on this than I do, but I have customarily been a one card at a time set builder. Another member of this board pointed out that it is easy to start chasing condition rather than just the cards themselves. I can live with a VG set because I really just want to have the cards and build the set. Not looking for beaters but a VG set would still be satisfying for me and would be easier on my budget and lead to quicker completion.

Anyway, how much is "too much" per card for VG commons?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk