Thread: April Pickups
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 01:44 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRfan1 View Post
You know Bill, I think we all know this was in good fun. It was April 1st.

That said, we have some board members who have some very deep pockets. So for one of them to pull the trigger on one or all of those Mantles wouldn't surprise me much.
Oh, I know. I wasn't trying to be a stick in the mud, but I guess it kind of came off that way. And, you're absolutely right, Lou. Nothing should really surprise me. Not only do some collectors have deep pockets, but they've also been collecting a heck of a lot longer than me. It wouldn't surprise me at all if somebody on the forum had a collection passed down to them, and some of those '52 Mantles could have been ones they had graded.

I showed my father the latest copy of The Intelligent Collector from Heritage, and it included a centerfold showing what some of the best auction results were from 2015. There was a PSA 8 '55 Clemente, a PSA 10 '61 Clemente, a '52 Topps Mantle, etc. Dad was born in '47, so he would have collected some of those years. Grandma threw them out.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.