View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 06:06 AM
J!m.b0n0v!ch

Default Brother Cane

I kow the guys that mentioned Brother Cane did so a few years ago when this thread was begun. I see they are still active on the boards so, on the off chance they still check this thread I thought I post post this pic. Maybe they, or someone else will get a kick out of it!

I was a fan in the early to mid-nineties. I saw them open for Van Halen (maybe... or was it Lynyrd Skynyrd?) in Huntsville, Alabama. By the time I saw them in 1998 in Colorado Springs they were playing small clubs again. It gave me the opportunity to meet them and chat a while and get their autographs! I can't recall if I got the pick during the show or if one of the guys gave it to me afterwards.

Now, as for the topic at hand, my top ten albums in no particular order (and with the disclaimer that there could be many, many more to make this list):

1. Rolling Stones, Sticky Fingers - Includes my second favorite guitar solo of all time on Sway. (Favorite solo is Ocean by John Butler.)
2. Rolling Stones, Voodoo Lounge - They have stronger albums but this reminds me of some really good times.
3. Third Eye Blind, Third Eye Blind - Again, brings me back to a time. It wasn't the best of times and this album helped me through.
4. Metallica, Metallica - I wore out all of my cassette tapes of their preceding albums. This was one of the first CDs I purchased.
5. Boston, Third Stage - Tom Scholtz's guitar tone is so cool!
6. John Butler Trio, April Uprising - Hard to pick a favorite of mine from him so I'll go with the album that has my wife's and my first dance song.
7. Tool, Undertow - Just badass.
8. Cure, Show - A live album that is really, really good. Brings me back to good times too.
9. Guns N Roses, Use Your Illusion - Take your pick: I or II. I think they were at their peak with the range of the songs and the guitar solos on this album.
10. Bad Company, 10 From 6 - A "best of" album that I started listening to in high school. It opened my eyes to classic, blues based rock and broadened my horizons from just the eighties pop and hair metal that were my staples until then.