View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 09:23 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Maybe externalities, but I'm trying to keep it apples to apples. If I am there when you open it, ostensibly you are doing it with my blessing. The OP never was consulted before the card was cracked.

The other fundamental difference in the scenarios is that you almost HAVE to open the pack to find out it's no good (yes I know there are other ways to check a wax pack but a good resealer knows how to re-create them) this card DIDN'T HAVE TO BE CRACKED! Or had I mentioned that already?

For the record I have crossed cards in other company holders, as have others who have actually reported their results in threads on Net54. I tend to do about as well predicting the grades as I do with raw cards which is generally fairly well.

Oh, and you are ignoring a lot of my post
In a world where TPGs acted in good faith they WOULD have to crack a card out of a holder to be sure they could cross it. There is no way they can adequately assess the edges of most cards through the slab, in my opinion.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 11-08-2019 at 09:24 PM.