View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 11:47 PM
Buddy Wi11:rich
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
Where on the paypal website does it say you can not use F&F to purchase goods? I have not found it.

Actually I found this:

Requesting Payments and Money Online - PayPal
... Friends or family. This is for a good or service Free for you. ... You're also covered by our Purchase Protection. Goods or services. Business. ...

Is F&F considered a Direct Payment?

I also found this on the paypal website:

PayPal User Agreement

Even if your payment is not eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection, you can file a Dispute and try to resolve the issue directly with the Seller; however, PayPal will generally not find in your favor if you escalate a Dispute to a Claim for an item which is not eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection.
I've spoken directly to them before and was told F&F wasn't designed to be used for transactions of goods, it was a way of just sending money to FAMILY and FRIENDS and not have to pay fees to do it. But of course MANY people (and they know it) use F&F as a way to avoid fees on transactions for goods.

I guess I don't understand, why would they even have "fee portion" if F&F transactions for the sale of goods still entitles the buyer to all of the "protections"?? They're kinda contradicting themselves. And how is it basically known by everybody to "avoid F&F because of no protection" if PayPal supposedly protects every single fee skipping transaction? I'm confused on this aspect