View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Default Oh I like cards that you have to look real closely to detect an imperfection,

Posted By: Joann

Ditto. Same range here. I'll pick up lower grades sometimes, but find I am pretty averse to substantial creasing or compromised edges (ripped, gouges or cut-ins to the edge, etc.) Diamond cuts that are more than minor also put me off a card for some reason.

I like the higher grades too, but as a practical matter I need to set my sights lower. Plus, I kind of like the used look a little bit. It's a little less stark.

So I find myself hanging in the VG range or a little better. Or G for HOF'ers, etc. But some G's are more equal than others, so I do try for those that are better looking on the front and have the grade for technical reasons.

I bet that to some degree people's aesthetic preferences align pretty closely with the grade they can afford to collect - maybe that's human nature. Has anyone here changed financial circumstances quickly and dramatically while collecting, and if so did you find that your preference changed as your ability to buy better cards increased?

Joann