View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Default "Race card played in failure to sell Honus collectible"

Posted By: Russ Bright

Did anyone see that there is a half page article with a picture of these cards and their card in this weeks Sports illustrated? Makes me sick to think about how much publicity these guys are getting for an obvious fake. The press is attempting to be as unbiased as possible, but this WILL NOT die...

Just think, if everyone from the board came out with "real" Honus cards... flood the market... drive the price down...

THEN the people who know what they're talking about can buy the real ones for cheap!

Awesome, and as a byproduct we could be on TV and get interviewed by the New Yorker and SI. Maybe Beckett can do a piece about the miraculous find of 2000 more T206 Wagners!

I lived in Detroit (off of 6 Mile, the Black Side of town) for about 2 months. I was the one skinny little white guy in a sea of angry black men and women. Racism is about perception. Everyone there wanted to percieve me as a threat, the chip on their shoulder made them unable to accept me for me. If you go into a situation like this with both guns blazing about "I'm Purple and I know you aren't going to trust me because i'm Purple and purple people aren't to be trusted, here's my Million dollar card" you perpetuate the hatred/racism.

It's true, people are inherently wary of people who are different (colors, shapes, sizes, sexes) Choosing to recognize or dismiss these differences is everyone's job. It's a 2 way street.

Finally, the thing that I love the most about the internet. We're all pretty anonymous here, as I have learned over tha last 14 years with some type of "web" connection. Nobody is what they seem, so I just imagine you all as really hot blonde college girls. That makes my internet experience EXTRA special (If I believe something that makes it true, right?)