View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 08:33 PM
Bry.an Sylv.est3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963Topps Set View Post
Story being told by request. However, I am putting it in a new thread.

It was May 12, 1990. I was in Atlantic City for a concert. I stopped in at a baseball card show that featured the 1961 Yankees. After getting a few, I saw Yogi and went up to him and asked him if he would personalized a photo to me Tom. He said "Sure, go get a ticket". After spending on a photo and a ticket, which was not cheap, I waited in a long line for what seemed like forever. Finally, I went up to the promoter and told him I had to leave for a concert, showed him my tickets, he put me ahead of the line. I went to Yogi with my photo and asked him to sign it "To Tom". He said "no, if he did it for me, he would have to do it for everyone." Well! Why didn't he tell me that in the first place??? With the time he spent explaining that to me, he could of easily wrote "To Tom"! What a waist of time and money. He can go shove that medal that everyone wants him to have far and deep. F..k you Yogi.
It might not be a good idea to suggest someone who was part of the D-Day invasion shove a medal up you know where. Just saying.