View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 04:45 AM
Glyn Parson

Default Marshall's Mantle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
Ridiculous.
Thats the author making a point and if you have seen the three as i and others have it is clear Marshall's copy is the finest one currently in a holder and it really isn't debatable. Not sure why some are obsessing about an authors opinion. this is not psa saying its an a+ and the others are a that is his opinion which is based on the opinions of every expert i know of who has seen all three copies. there is reportedly a 4th raw specimens that was sold to a NYC garbage man that Rosen and a couple others who have seen it maintain, it is even nicer than the Murphy/Fogel copy. i have not seen this example but several of my friends who's opinions i greatly trust have seen the card and say it is at least the equal of Marshall's copy if not nicer.

As for the grade not mattering the more you collect i have the exact opposite as i find most topps and bowman cards so relatively easy to locate that they only truly become something special if they are in the finest of grade as finding a copy of almost any topps or bowman card is really no big deal.

Last edited by glynparson; 07-18-2018 at 04:46 AM.