View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Administrator

Default 1952T Mantle on Ebay being touted as original

Posted By: vetekbob

I have been checking over this card as best one card with just a scan and while it looks to be fine on the front and back, I feel that this card will not pass inspection via psa, sgc, or gai and I feel there will be an issue with the size of the card. Granted I dont have a 10x loop with the card in hand obviously. If a card has been messed with in any way, to me personally that is the same as putting an unoriginal card up unless the seller states clearly in the auction that there was a problem with the card. Others will probably disagree with me on there being a problem with the card and if it turns out later that I was wrong, then I will gladly eat my words and take the heat.
The other things that bother me on this is that they state they have handled many mantles before. If that is the case and the card is as they claim it to be, and knowing what higher end graded mantles can bring, why didnt they send it in to psa or sgc, or even gai asap if they were so sure of themselves knowing that if they did such it would erase any doubt as to there being a problem with the card.
If the high bidder sends in the card to PSA... and there is a problem, what will prevent the seller from saying how do we know you actually sent in the same card you won from us and leave the bidder high and dry?
The seller does not answer email from their auctions and I can attest to that personally as well as one can see such from their feedback. The high bidder has no protection whats so ever on this auction that I can see. Neither does the seller say that 100% of the grading fees as well as the final auction price of the card will be refunded if the card is rejected by PSA... when it clearly states in their listing " All cards, sets, and autographs on eBay come with14 day return privilege" yet they make it clear that this particular card cannot be returned unless otherwise specifically stated for that one reason. You tell me. Am I way off base here? Am I being overly critical? I guess only time will tell on this particular auction but I do feel it has been altered.