View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 01:25 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljurgela View Post
I think that your criteria is the right one... what would you rather own if you could not sell them. I would probably drop the Leaf, then (which I do not own and probably won't). The reason why I like the T226 is the photographic image, the green borders and the Red Sun back. It is just one of the most eye appealing cards that I own. I think that the Kopec and the Pet Johnsons are good choices as well.

What do you guys think of the Romeo y Julieta Johnson and Dempsey cards. Should they be considered?
I had a chance to buy a Graziano once but I don't really like the card itself, don't think much of Graziano (not an elite level fighter), and didn't want to spend the cheddar on it.

The R y J Johnson is not an attractive card, IMO:

Kind of a crappy picture in a not so pretty format. It is rare as hell and very valuable, but doesn't do it for me, which is why I sold mine when the chance presented itself. He has a lot of nicer looking cards.

The Dempseys (there are 2 different poses and at least three distinct cards known) are better looking than the Johnson but still not that great looking.

Someone has been trying to sell a Dempsey on eBay for a while. Price has been reduced from $4500 to $1800 as of this morning, so go get it!

As for T9s and T227, I thought long and hard about adding either to my list but came back again to the T218 as a favorite card. I think it just looks better. T218 has some other gems in it. I also really like Stan:

Here's another card I absolutely love from a design standpoint:

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 10-03-2016 at 01:34 PM.