View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 11:53 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason.1969 View Post
I actually had a quite good experience with BMW. The asking price on a card I wanted was exorbitant, but I worked out what I feel was a fair deal with them. Like all of their stuff eBay, it was OBO, and I will say they really lived up to the true meaning of the term.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
His cards, in those KSA holders, looked mint and were graded by KSA as such (8's & 9's) but they were being very generous, imo, when it came to cards with qualifiers, namely OC.
He had a Richie Ashburn, that was severely OC but I was willing to accept it if the price was right.
I inquired, of course, and when he said $500 U.S. I knew there was no way in h*ll I was going to get it for the $100 I was willing to spend so I didn't even bother negotiating with him.
Some of his better centered, star cards were priced well above that $500 mark, (into the thousands) and although they were nice to look at, they were nowhere near worth those prices.
The KSA grading bothered me too. I knew about their rep, plus it struck me odd as to why someone in the states would send their cards north to have them graded, by a suspect company, nonetheless, when PSA, SGC and Beckett all resided state side?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1952-Topps-31...0AAOSwImRYNxRa

Last edited by irv; 08-12-2017 at 11:54 AM.