View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 02:32 PM
Bill Boyd

I took condition in mind and checked on about 30 of the best cards, with the 71 Munson the best condition of the lot and valued it at a little over $100, the rest were about another $300 or so. But there were many semi stars that could bring in a couple of dollars each. I also did not check for any variations in the Post cards.
But I would give the whole collection a fair value of about $600 to maybe $700.
Again, any variations or the surprised value in star Trek cards could raise that value a touch more.
The Mantle has a crease which hurt its value a lot, as well as the Mantle and Aaron.
The best conditioned cards seem to be the 1972 Topps and the 1963 Fleer cards. But a Nr mint they are not.
I have took some advise from you all, I really thank you for it all. Because I do not want to offend the man with a low ball offer, I just advised him to sell off the stars a few at a time, and what is left, then he can lump the rest together to obtain his best value. Maybe if he comes back and knowning what the value is and the offer is right, I can take them off his hands.
I showed him the PSA site of grading and value, and he will be able to assess the value himself.
But keep the responses coming in, I appreciate each and every one of them.
Kinda makes me want to keep a few beaters around a wrap a rubber band around them...........LOL

Thanks to all,

Bill