View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 11:45 PM
marty quinn

Default how are your recent sgc grades?

hey guys, been a long while since i have posted . how has your recent sgc submits come back? seeing as i have not sent a card in to sgc or psa, in about 2 years. i have some head scratching on them, i have some lots in the recent REA auction,recent sgc grades. please look at lot # 404, j. robinson, 405 r. campy....and 418, 56 mantle......the 52 jackie?? oh my god!!! this card i thought would go nm/mt maybe nm/mt+ all 4 corners are sharp pointed, centering is killer, color is eye popping, registry, etc its all there, a 6 ???!!!! really, REA is baffled ...now the 52 campy is a solid nm, the back centering is o/c, but i have seen plenty of sgc cards in the past with o/c backs not get bumped down so low.ex+ for this....again REA is in agrement....the 56 mick i thought lock 8, not even an issue, a 1993 alan rosen mint condition purchase at the time. wich in real world years later comes to a nm/mt card, nope.nm at worse.. another 6??? i went over these tooth and comb. and found not a hint of hidden problems... so did REA...?? i can almost live wit a few of them, but the 52 jackie really is bothering me....lot #398 is also mine, what do you think on the mick? i figured an 80 ex/nm.....has 2 nm to nm/mt corners, 1 ex/nm, 1 ex... been over it with a fine tooth comb, REA also really gave it a good look....and absolutely love the card.....a 70 isnt bad, but such a high profile card, and dollar wise, the difference could be substantial....