Thread: REA results
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 07:40 PM

Jason,

Do you mind commenting on the Goudey commons? What are your thoughts on
prices with them? According to the PSA/DNA population report many signed commons only have a pop. of 1-2 cards. Some of those commons are extremely tough. A lot of those players died many years ago, which makes them almost if not impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonxmay View Post
Thank you to everyone who bid. I was very happy with the results. I more than doubled what I had invested in the collection, so it's hard to complain about that. The Goudey commons sold for a lot less than I expected, but the big time cards more than made up for that. I paid $15,000 for my Ruth no. 181 2 years ago and it sold for $110K plus BP. The Hal Newhouser Leaf I paid $1,800 for and it sold for over $25K. There were several others where I made 3 to 10 times what I paid. The Ruth 181 more than doubled the previous record for highest signed baseball card.

A lot of people have asked, and I'm not done collecting by any means. I actually bought a very nice signed Babe Ruth baseball for a good price last night. I also kept my Jim Thorpe signed 33 Goudey Sport Kings and my Muhammad Ali signed 1960 Hemmet's Journal as well as a few other sentimental favorites. I plan to collect signed HOF rookie cards again, but I'm going to limit myself to truly elite players. I sold because I had an investment opportunity that was too good to pass up. I was able to cover that investment plus pay off all my debt with this auction, so I'm at peace with selling.

Jason