View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 11:54 PM
Mike C@.v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfireschulte View Post
Mike - REA says "untouched since assembled in 1910" - but then says 20% trimmed. For the sake of discussion, let's believe that they are untouched which implies that the standard size (as originally distributed) can be shorter than current standard? bTW your Wong looked good today.
Thanks, K-dog! You know I only draft and pick up stud players...Wong fit the billing!

Back to REA. Maybe you are right...it doesn't seem to make sense. I guess I wanted to say what might be a possibility because of the wording. And in your defense, the write up does seem to be confusing. Probably best if REA visits this write up and revises it to make it a little more clear for the public, eh?

What makes me curious about the whole thing is how in the world do they really know that the partial set has been untouched since it was assembled in 1910? Unless the person that assembled the set is still with us, which is unlikely, they are going from word of mouth. Just seems weird to state one thing that seems to indicate no altered cards and then say there are trimmed cards in the next breath.
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48

Last edited by freakhappy; 10-13-2014 at 12:02 AM.