View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 01:11 PM

Default Favorite Jim Stinson autograph- Chick Fraser

It's really tough to pick one, because there have been many, but here are two...

This Brooklyn Dodgers dinner menu that was signed by 1903 no-hit pitcher Chick Fraser is certainly way up there.

I found finding Chick Fraser's autograph to be exceedingly tough, but Jim filled this hole with a terrific piece with eye appeal IMHO considering all the other Dodgers that signed the menu as well. Fraser happened to be in attendance because he was a scout for the Brooklyn Dodgers at the time that the dinner was held in 1934.

The second is a beautiful 1931 Lefty Grove fountain pen signed album page. This is a great example of Lefty's nicer variation of his signature with flourish.
HOF'er Lefty Grove certainly needs no introduction to this board, but he was arguably the greatest left-handed pitcher of all time (no slight to HOF Sandy Koufax intended).
It's certainly one of my favorite signatures in my personal collection and it came from Jim.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chic Fraser autograph.jpg (76.2 KB, 301 views)
File Type: jpg Lefty Grove 1931 album page.jpg (77.7 KB, 244 views)
File Type: jpg Lefty Grove 1931 photo and album page- 2.jpg (70.1 KB, 246 views)

Last edited by Scott Garner; 06-10-2017 at 01:50 PM.