View Single Post
Old 04-27-2002, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Default Wow. The incredible disparity of SCD

Posted By: petecld

What makes ANY of the comments posted about SCD personal?

SCD needs to get their name out to startup a business in a market dominated by two other companies. You don't do that with a whimper - you do that with a bang. What better "BANG" then hyping up some "amazing find of old cards" and grade them? It's business, nothing personal.

Why do you think PSA #1 was a T206 Wagner? PROMOTION! Would PSA #1 sell for $1.2 million if it was a 1977 Topps Bill Melton? Even if it was a PSA10! Can you see that card doing a tour?

There is no reason to think any start-up will be better at grading or have more concern for their reputation then the established grading firms. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. Labeling criticism "personal" without any evidence only casts false doubt on what could be very well intentioned, legitimate feedback.

For the record: Mr. Lemke, I have nothing personal against you, I've been reading SCD for DECADES and will continue to do so, and the hobby wouldn't be what it is today with out SCD and any comment made by me is simply as I see things.

All I'm saying - If SCD Grading is concerned about customers having faith in their grading ability then those cards that "the printer" cut and the others like them, should have stayed out of holders or better yet, the holders labeled "authentic - trimmed".