View Single Post
Old 01-09-2002, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Default Question about the BL460's appearing on e-bay

Posted By: vorthian

<<< The NASA Wagner - yes, this was something I was tangled up in. NOT by choice. I was contractually obligated. >>>

Not by choice eh? Was it not you that agreed to the contract?

<<< As a result, I sued Guy Stopard (NASA president). Because the case is ended, I can now happily say that, I recently won the case and was awarded 100% of the monies I sought. My charge against NASA/Stopard is that they employ fraudulent business practices, and the U.S. Judicial system, as well as the AG, agree. >>>

How is it that YOU won the case when the client decided to take it to "serious litigation?" [see below]

<< Re: Lot of T206 RARE BACKs/T206 Wagner/Responses to the board/Feedback

Date: 6/13/01
Time: 9:13:10 AM
Remote Name: 130.64.61.15
Comments

Leon, I appreciate your consideration. I also understand the sentiment expressed, and have no intention of trying to dissuade anyone about how they should feel, think or react. There are a number of "background" factors at play here. On a surface level, it seems to many of these folks like an attempt to pawn a reprint. There is considerably more to it than that. I was under contract, with specific obligation to a client, and acted and reacted accordingly. I can tell you this - my client is extremely high-profile, and since the entire NASA fiasco, he has decided to take this in to serious litigation. I have agreed to sign on, and, although I can really say no more at this time, it is NASA that will be targeted for unreputable practices. What I was thinking is only a small part of what was involved. It was I that convinced my client to not relist the card, despite the fact it meant considerable financial losses. It was I who convinced him to approach it via civil action. And, it is I who will go to the boards for him on this. When I made my posts, I could only hint to these things, and I still have very little liberty to discuss it. I can say this: anyone who simply blindly accuses me of trying to sell a reprint is just not informed on the matter. They are speaking from an emotional perspective and not taking the time or effort to arm themself with all of the details. Perhaps, after I take NASA down, I will have regained some of my credibility. I have learned from the experience, and I will never go under contract before seeing an item, regardless of the history I may have with the individual client. Regards, Leon. James >>

<<< I am the biggest advocate on this earth for deep-sixing NASA permanently. As I have taken signifigant steps toward, by winning the law suit. >>>

Juxtapose that with this embracement of NASA...

<< Re: I called NASA about the Wagner

Date: 4/26/01
Time: 1:01:14 PM
Remote Name: 130.64.61.15
Comments

Hi, Michael. I am the seller of the card you speak of. First - thank you for making your ignorance so obvious - makes it easier for me to defend myself. If you had of taken more than twelve seconds to read my listing, you would have realized that the page of scans of the card ALSO includes a scan of the letter. As knowledgeable as you attempt to present yourself as being, perhaps then you would be able to answer a question for me: please name a grading company, a single one will do, which will authenticate a card that has been trimmed? C'mon, I'm waiting. NOBODY will do this. Use your head. READ THE LETTER. The original listing was EXPLICITLY clear about the actual authenticity/or not of the card. Guy Lombard, President of NASA (and, to reply to another post - NASA is "North American Sportscard Authenticators" - not affiliated with the Space program - but, that is another battle with another moron, for another day). Whether you agree or disagree with their views on grading, or their accuracy in grading - you can not dispute the fact that they have graded thousands and thousands of vintage cards. This entire process is subjective anyway, "Mike". My investment in this card is signigicant. My belief that it is in fact authentic is based on a simple fact: I had the card evaluated by a close friend, who also happens to grade for a different grading company - one of the big 3, no less (No, not NASA, as clearly, they are not of the big 3). The card is real. It can NEVER be authenticated because it has been trimmed. Send it to PSA, you will have the same result: An encapsulated card with a letter to accompany it. There are also rumors that NASA revoked their statements reflected in the letter, voiced by a person who had "contacted NASA". Rubbish. I have extensive docu- mentation from NASA and independent sources which are in writing. Whoever gets this card is getting the real thing, and they are getting it for a steal. There is absolutely NO FRAUD here. I am an EXTREMELY reputable person, very fair and honest. My feedback clearly reflects that I am a person of integrity and professional valor. Having to put up with cheap shots from people like you who have absolutely no basis of fact for the unfounded claims they make, is waste of my time. I am not selling this card for notoriety, quick money, or to build a reputation. I am simply offering a card for sale that I have invested money in previously, and would now like to liquidate. Think before you speak. And, maybe try having an open- mind. There are already too many close-minded cave men in this society. >>

Key phrases: No Fraud, The card is real, and like to liquidate.

I wonder if this "friend" was present for the deposition?