View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradedcardman View Post
The issue as a seller shipping to Canada is tracking. eBay will back you as a seller if for shipments in the US you have tracking info. That way a buyer can't just take the item and then say they did not get it and demand a refund and possibly leave negative feedback. That would be my only reason not to but I choose to ship there anyway as the transactions are always smooth and I rarely have someone claiming they don't receive there items.
Ditto.

eBay seller protection is completely void unless there is a trackable form of delivery. If I am not mistaken, this means FedEx for outside the US and then costs shoot through the roof.

For an pricey items, FedEx may be an option, but for less expensive items it's just not worth the hassle. The seller is left in the position of rolling the dice with a non-trackable form of shipping. All it takes is for one buyer to claim "I didn't get it" and the seller gets hit with a chargeback and has no recourse.

I really miss the days of personal checks and postal money orders sometimes. Never once had an issue with those