View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 01:49 PM
Bill Gregory

How the hell do you know what the scene with the soldiers, and the keep, are going to mean going forward? Are you clairvoyant now?

"Who cares about Edmure, or his soldiers?"

Um, Jon Snow and Sansa Stark just might, if those soldiers come to aid their retaking of Winterfell. It might not happen, as there may be insufficient time for them to get there, even if that was their aim. But the point is, you don't know.

You completely whiffed in your assessments of two key scenes. Now, instead of attempting to refute either of the statements I made, you're left with "you can defend it all you want. the scenes were a disaster, in my opinion."

Yes. Your opinion. And your opinion is, seemingly, pretty ill-informed.

And as for Bran receiving a fraction of the screen time...if he'd been receiving more time, you'd be complaining "oh, all Bran does is sit in a tree, and visit things that happen in the past. Nothing really advancing the narrative. Boring!"

If you're enjoying the show so little, stop watching. It's that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
You can defend it all you want. The scenes at Riverrun were a disaster in my opinion. The whole show has been moving towards turning Jamie into a better version of himself (i.e. the scenes with him and Tyrion / his daughter / niece and the original scenes with Brienne) only to have him throw all of that away for a blind allegiance to Cersei that seemed thrown in just to drum up some drama. The ancillary things you mention about the keep and the soldiers mean nothing to the overall story. That's all surface and no substance. Who cares about Edmure or his soldiers?

The same is true of Arya. The idea of her losing her identity and reclaiming it is a good storyline. But using Bravos to accomplish that was not a good choice in my opinion. Those scenes were painfully dull. The play scenes between the Starks and the Lannisters were great but it was too little too late if you ask me. There was a ton of time that could have been cut, especially since it seems like Bran is the real power player of the story and has received a fraction of the screen time.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 06-15-2016 at 02:10 PM.