View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 11:53 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I more wish I'd bought than wish I hadn't sold. I thought of the following cards when they were readily affordable but just didn't want to bother:

--Babe Ruth RC
--1933 Goudey #144 Ruth
--1925 Exhibit Gehrig
--1952 Topps Mantle

In terms of sold and missed, the worst move I ever made financially was to sell my PSA 7 1954 Topps Aaron and Mays a few years before the price run-up. The cards had basically stagnated for years and when I got an offer I went for it. The worst move ever sentimentally was selling off my childhood run of early Mantles. They were lower grade but all had been picked from $1 or $2 boxes when I was a kid. The most I paid for one was $3.25 at auction in a local card show for a 1952 Bowman. I had 52-53-54 Bowman and 56-57-61-65-66 Topps, and I was probably into them for under $20. I also wish I'd hung on to my run of 1950s-1960s football, especially the 1957 and 1962 Topps cards. Family friends with older kids gave me a giant box of their kids' cards. They had amazing runs of late fifties to early 60s cards. Finally, I wish I'd not sold off the 1969 Topps basketball set I assembled as a kid. I kept the Chamberlain and still have it but had to reassemble the rest of it.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...