View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 02:51 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
+1

Again, it is a question of assessing risk from a time management standpoint in the first half, and of assessing risk from a possibility of turnover standpoint in the second half. I would venture a guess that half or more head coaches would make a stab at the end zone in the first half (depending on their confidence in the QB and the times they've practiced that situation), and that none or nearly none would have made that play call at the end. This would confirm that you can agree with one decision and not the other. If you take into account the situation on the field---time, down and distance (and personnel, i.e. Lynch)--I believe that point becomes even more obvious.
Uh oh - a plot twist. So are you saying (not trying to put words in your mouth) that Pete Carroll wasn't consistent with his own play-calling philosophy on that last call? Or maybe just that a Seattle fan can agree with Pete Carroll's play-calling philosophy, but feel that running Marshawn at the end would ALSO have been consistent (or even MORE consistent) with his normal play-calling philosophy?

Personally, as a Seahawk fan, I will say that if Pete Carroll makes a 'mistake' like the one in question at the end, that I can live with that as long as I continue to get his overall play-calling implemented at his current success rate. But that's just me.

Thanks David, for making me analyze this until I almost feel okay about losing.

Last edited by Runscott; 02-03-2015 at 02:54 PM.