View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 11:11 AM
David Peck

Good luck in your quest to complete a graded set.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-wr...4AAOSwgBNaxJqf

This auction is a good one in my opinion. I think the opening bid is fair and the seller is a good one from Japan.

I was skeptical early on about the 1973 paper cards but to Rob's credit they have done extremely well once graded. You routinely see cards sell for solid prices. I have always wondered if the buyers realize what they are getting before in hand but the trend continues and they move. Personally I prefer hard stock cards so the 1974 Yamakatsu I posted is your best choice for an early Andre if that is your preference.

I think the reason they are treated as cards is they are numbered and in later years referred to as trading cards. There is such limited material that was released in the US during that time frame so it is good that collectors have an offering that has images that show case the wrestlers from those years.

I personally prefer the 1982 Wrestling All Stars Andre over all of his other issues but once again that is a personal preference and it is fair to say I am biased because I own so many.

Last edited by Dpeck100; 05-04-2018 at 11:12 AM.