View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 09:55 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariushou View Post
See, i have a problem with that. He's in business of making money and he should be protecting his investment. Not me. It is very easy for him to hire a data guy to data scrape his auctions for this. His policy -- 2nd and 3rd paragraphs are their vague policing strategy...

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=229658

Are they not working with EBAY on this? Has EBAY put in code that does not allow those with over 25 bid retractions to bid on PWCC auctions? How do you stop last second (sniped) shilling with people with bid retractions greater than 25? So is there any policing whatsoever? Not even a data scraper. Based on auctions values that are ending, I would think PWCC is making enough cash. I couldn't imagine coming out with a policy like this in my profession and not being burned at the stake if i did not adequately implement and police it. In fact, i would have the regulators in my biz as soon as any of this non-sense started. I hate regulations, but maybe that's what this industry needs -- someone with some teeth...venting of course but come on.
They had said before they will monitor but there is no way for ebay to automatically block bidders with a certain number of retractions. Many members have no problem taking time to complain about problems in our hobby. Is it really too much to ask to send pwcc an email and help them block a dishonest bidder from their auctions?

At least they are trying to do something. Can anyone name 1 other eBay seller or consignment service that does anything to guard against shill bidding or people who retract bids? I cant.