View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Amazingly, Feller appears to be bogus. The "B" in Bob Feller appears to be all wrong. Not close to the way he forms his B's. It's hard for me to imagine that Feller would be faked as he was such a prolific signer. Since I believe the Feller is bad, it makes me question the possible authenticity of the Koufax. I will ask my close friend Phil Paul the premier Koufax collector for his opinion and come back with a follow up response.
This is EXACTLY my concern.

I've analyzed the Koufax and Ryan and, if they are fake, they are superb fakes. I could not find an issue with them compared to dozens of PSA and JSA approved exemplars.

But the Feller was the red flag to me. Not just the formation (which seems off), but it is too neat and there does not seem to be nearly enough pen pressure. I must presume that if the Feller is bad, so are the others.

As Barry indicated earlier, they look like they were signed by the same person. My gut is beginning to tell me that person may have been Greg Marino.

I am interested to hear what your friend says. I suppose it is possible it's just a freaky -- but real -- Feller.

Thanks - Steve