View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 12:03 PM

Ray--

I agree with your assessment on your killer '52 Bowman Hodges. Your mid-grade has ultra-high grade appearance, and really, that's what counts. I love it!!!!

The same thing happened to me with a 1951 Bowman Sammy Baugh. I bought it in the 70s 'cause I love the looks of the card, and the colors on mine are off the charts. Nevertheless, it came back a PSA 5. I'm not looking to upgrade!

If you're a big Gil Hodges fan, I would like to point you to a common card today with mesmerizing appearance and an enthralling story. Go to eBay, and search for Dormand Gil Hodges PSA. A MINT specimen can be had for very little, though watch for the pesky print spots and a fish-eye in the rich dark green grass. Not that many years ago, that PC was the white whale in the Dormand PC set. I discuss the find in my book, NEVER CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN. I personally bought an SGC mint specimen from a board member here, and it looks super in their holder.

A Dormand Hodges will probably never rise much in value, but it is so beautiful and was made in that great era of 1952 to 1955. Not trying to hijack anything, just thought I would put in a plug for the Dormand Gil. No, I only own my one copy! There's few of you who don't know about this beauty. ---Brian Powell

---Brian Powell