View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 01:51 PM
Mike H.

Default New figural Plaque

Like many of you, I have several areas of collecting interest, but figurals remain at the top of my favorite niche mountain.

This week I had the opportunity to not only add an exceedingly rare piece, but one from one of the two teams I covet most, the Cubs.

We had a thread going a while back regarding the beautiful and rare Yankees plaque I was able to procure from a fellow board member who had a spare. It is one of my favorite pieces

A Cubs version also exists that I have only seen once over the years in the collection of the same board member who offered me the Yankee version. He is In my view, the single most prolific digger of baseball treasures in the hobby.

Well, I couldn't believe my luck when I dug up this one:

There is speculation that perhaps these were made for the 1932 WS between the Cubs And Yankees, but there isn't a way to verify that (not that it matters).

This will be a cornerstone of my Cubs collection and look great next to the Yankees version