View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 11:59 AM
WillRow.ett III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Jake- there is a difference between acting mean and being mean. Just as there is a difference between being a selfish person and acting selfishly. One describes an act and one describes a person. The two can intertwine but not necessarily. I am in the camp of the person with the ball is acting in a selfish manner. (understanding all of the other issues surrounding it.) I do the same things on the card side of the hobby. I might not let every single piece of information about a fake card out of the bag but I will bend over backwards to help. This person is in no way shape or form obligated to help but it would be nice if he did. (while still protecting himself)
I agree with you 100%. It would be nice if the dude would help Brandon, and while I don't think Brandon is calling him selfish by nature, I tend to not want to use that word at all in this case. He's being more cautious than anything. It's only selfish because Brandon isn't getting satisfaction here. Once that ball gets counterfeited, the guy can't sleep at night, and where does that leave him?? I agree that the chances of it happening are slim (maybe) but Brandon has his complete book while this guy is a wreck.

And the fact that he's turning down renumeration of some kind makes him even less selfish in my eyes.