View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Brandon M. Grunbaum

Wow! Being on the west coast has it's downsides to getting up 3 hours later and checking the forum page. In no way did I mean to directly attack the owner of the baseball. I've never met the guy, I've never spoke with the guy, I never said someones name, all I received once were two very small images (which was kind) and a very negative comment about sharing information (which I did not include in my post because of its negativity). There is more than one of these out there, meaning multiple owners, hence the post looking for one of the baseballs.

I do not ask for anything for free, I do not demand that collectors contribute to my book. Every dime I make now days goes into this book, which I do not get paid to write as of yet, all of the info I supply to fellow collectors, I do not charge for. I simply hope that other people share their knowledge of the game and it's artifacts so the public will have a reference and be able to learn! The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum wants a copy of this book for internal reference in their library, so they can identify their artifacts and correctly educate the public for years to come, so your grandchildren will know how it all started, and you're going to worry about one bozo who makes crap reproductions and sells them for $50 bucks over the entire collectors world? That's where I felt I should use the word selfish. This ball has already been published in a book, so it could already have been replicated, It's basically the first Spalding ball used in the NL, I cannot leave it out.

Jake, I respect your opinion so I'm not even going to comment directly to your posts. Leon, Richard, Lance, Christopher, I appreciate your support here on the forum, and thank you for the kind comments and support of my book.

Below is an already published picture of one of the balls, pretty sure the "counterfeiter" could use that image as reference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (75.6 KB, 79 views)