View Single Post
Old 09-17-2022, 11:38 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by campyfan39 View Post
Clemente fan oh,

Thanks for the insults and failing to point our my inconsistencies in logic.
Never once did I say he wasn't HOF or had a short career. Yet he was 38 when he died which is pretty young in my book! Also, if you don't know about the overdoses of Bonham, Hendrix, Morrison, Joplin etc. then Idk what else to say.

I am a Clemente fan. I just believe, my own opinion, that his heritage and tragic death has elevated him somewhat in baseball lore and in our hobby beyond what he might have received had he not sadly died. I think a valid comparison of his rookie and Kaline rookie are good examples. Throw in Banks and Koufax from those two years as well.

I hope your weekend gets better.
I've always thought, and it's nothing more than perception, that Roberto's RC values and overall popularity had as much or more to do with his being the first truly great Latin player as his tragic death.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.