View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 05:21 AM
Administrator

Default Maybe OT? - eBay Payment Options for Sellers

Posted By: Laura

It's my understanding that we may not put anything at all about checks or money orders or other forms of payment anywhere in our auctions.

The only thing we can do, is if someone emails us to ask if we'll take such, is say yes in reply. But we can't make the first move, only respond.

I am conflicted about it. On the one hand, I had buyers who paid with checks who may no longer be buying on eBay now, and I think that's bad. On the other hand, my bank is a 40 minute drive away (we are so far out in the country we have to drive towards town to hunt), and depositing them in a timely fashion was a pita.

But in principle, I am annoyed that it's one more way that eBay thinks it can make our decisions for us. I don't need a big brother to protect me, just a platform from which I can sell. So at the end of the day, I don't like being told I can only use PayPal, ProPay (which is so unknown that I doubt many buyers use it), or get a merchant Mastercard/Visa account. eBay should be trying to expand the ways in which sales can be made using their site, not limiting them.

But there's not many of the recent changes I do like...