View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 02:02 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce View Post
I have had a card listed for almost 6 weeks now, Buy It Now price was $325 accepting offers. I have received no less than 6 OFFERS during that time at $275 for this card. In the past month and change, 11 of the last 13 sales of the card have gone at $300 or MORE, some as high as $365. I have countered every single offer that was over $250 at $300, but no one took me up on it.
Apples to oranges, to an extent. What kind of offers did you have before the sale? Maybe the most of the buyers' target prices were below $275 and they were using the coupon to get below that point? And as you said, maybe they are just cheap or ignorant (even ignorant of VCP, perhaps)?

Similarly to what another poster indicated, why wouldn't a seller still offer the same discount during these coupon sales than they would outside of them? If you're will to take $90 for a $100 card, why won't you now budge from $100? Because the seller gets if for $85? Understand, I'm NOT saying you would do this, just saying it works both ways and I would guarantee there are sellers that approach it this way.

What I don't get is why more SELLERS (unlike bounce) that post here don't even put their ebay ID in their profile, let alone their signatures. Though I'm sure there are a myriad of reasons they don't.