View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Default About soaking cards

Posted By: T206Collector

...but I do want to say something that I hope helps:

I really don't mean to offend anyone. These arguments get very personal -- when Jim says it's "horrible," I feel like he's telling me my collection sucks and I'm a card doctor. I don't feel that way, so I respond that I am just adhering to the standards accepted by the major grading companies.

I'm totally sick of these fights and wish we could all come to some sort of consensus. To me, if everyone would understand that a card can be soaked without showing any ill effects, then they'd realize it doesn't matter which ones have been soaked and which ones haven't. But it may just be a chicken and the egg thing. I don't know. I'm too tired. Must go to sleep.

Still, please, I have no ill will towards anyone. These arguments have been going on forever and I think I may just have to stop entertaining them. But it's like Daniel said, when someone calls soaking a card "horrible," it just makes my blood boil -- in much the same way as when someone that doesn't agree with soaking has to put up with a few lessons from the card soakers here.

I really must go to sleep.

Paul

p.s. Jim, sorry about putting economics into. That was an unfair personal shot.

p.p.s. Just read Brian's last post and I think it is SPOT ON! I agree with the following 100%

[I think soaking is the least of your worries, trimming on T206's especially high grade is a much bigger problem. Soaking doesn't change the make up of the card, but slicing a little off an over sized border is bull sh@@@T....and shouldn't be tolerated.]