View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 01:28 PM
Tim B
Banned

If they hired a new grader and have so much to grade that they can't get them back to you quickly, I don't think they'd be going out of business anytime soon. If you look around, there's plenty of people who think each grading company is clueless. As for all of them, I think they are all:

1. Harder on my cards than I am (which is hand in hand with)
2. Better at it than I am (so I am not going to complain to them. If anything, the seller; I never have but would have liked to once or twice)
3. Unique (certain flaws seem to play better at certain places in terms of effect on grade )
4. Acceptably Mistake prone (they all have some that slip by both over and under graded)
5. Mostly ethical

If I didn't feel this way, I wouldn't send them in. And if you don't, you shouldn't. They're worth more ungraded in some cases anyway (in the sense that you can haggle over condition AND price). And I speak up for SGC because that's where I send and I have never had anything but great service and experience. Don't email, call! They pick right up, are cordial and helpful every time. As for the insert, they recently launched a Gold Club that some of the auction houses are helping them market. I haven't joined but may as a few of the Specials have appealed to me. I think $120 bucks gets you 10 free grades, access to the specials and some other stuff I don't really care about. There's a higher cost option with more free grades and more stuff I don't care about - I just remember it being a little to expensive - I got one as well in a mailed auction win. I understand it can be bitterly disappointing or incredibly satisfying when your enjoyment level is tied to the grade it receives. As a collector, I think you have to let it go or you'll go crazy. As a dealer, I imagine it is the bane of your business existence.

Good luck in the future...