Thread: July Pickups
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 11:47 AM
M@tt McC@rthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck9788 View Post
Nice Jackie Jenson! The 1958 AL MVP.

Jensen announced his retirement from baseball in January 1960, primarily because of an intense fear of flying. As teams had increasingly turned to air travel in the 1950s, he had unsuccessfully sought to combat his aversion to flying, aided considerably by Red Sox owner Tom Yawkey, who arranged for therapy treatments. Once major-league baseball expanded to the West Coast in 1958, and with further expansion and constant air travel foreseen, these difficulties became virtually insurmountable.

Jensen returned to play for Boston in 1961, but turned to hypnotherapy when his panic attacks at airports became unbearable. Frustrated by a sub-par season (.263, 66 RBIs), he retired again for good.

Thanks...that card has proven difficult to track down both centered and at a reasonable price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.