View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 06:58 PM
Al Jurgela

Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
Holy cow Batman! How many of these discs do you have? How long have you been adding them to your inventory?

CORRECTION: ALL of them should have notches on them. I would stay away from those that are smooth all the way around.

PSA doesn't know how to grade South American soccer cards because they have handled very few of them. Take a look at the attached images below. The example on the left was purchased by me recently. It looks stunning, and yet it only received a grade of 5 EX. Now take a look at the one on the right - it got a PSA 6! How the #$@&%*! does that make any sense? Is it even real? I am seriously thinking of contacting Joe Orlando about this.
You are correct that ALL should have the notches but sometimes they come off "cleaner" so that they are hardly noticeable - other times they are border line distracting. On close inspection, you should be able to see where they were.

As I mentioned previously, I would prefer any of the 10 copies that I posted above over the PSA example that you just posted.

To answer the other questions, I have been ACTIVELY pursuing these cards for roughly 5-6 years. Beyond the ones that I show here, I have another 5-6 which are ungraded, including the few low grade, but good eye appeal copies that I have on eBay.
50 Hage's Dairy (Minoso)
All Oscar Charleston Cards
Rare Soccer cards
Rare Boxing cards