View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
What the heck, I'll throw my thoughts in too. I'm fairly new here, but I've been on other similar sites. These forums have been an unbelievable education for me that I can't get anywhere else. If you want to learn you have to ask questions.

I try to be selective in my help requests. I don't want to plaster the boards with help requests because I am just too lazy to do any research myself. I actually research everything as much as I can, form an opinion and if I'm still not confident enough or need reassurance, I go ahead and ask.

Help requests don't just benefit the author of the request. I look at other people's past help requests all the time and use them as a reference tool to make decisions on the things I'm looking at.

I have to admit that I'm always nervous about posting help requests in fear that I am annoying people. That's why I try to be selective. I also always give thanks to those who help and show my appreciation because I know they don't have to help me and they are doing it out of their own kindness.
+5 Clutch. If everyone acted as you do there would be no need for a moderator. Well said sir.