View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 10:58 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Dave Hogan,

You’re killing me. I was roaring when I read your list. Living in Virginia, from Waltham, went to UMass/Boston (across Morrissey Blvd from ‘Stab N Kill’). Some comments and additions that only someone who has lived inside 128 (NOT Rte 95) would appreciate.

3. or any carbonated beverage - Pepsi, Mountain Dew etc.
6. Rotaries – wahoo!
7. My SSN does begin with a 0.
8 and that you can walk from Park Street to Fenway when the Green Line is screwed up.
14. and Waltham. Wall and tham like ham not wall and thum like hum
21. and that the last train out of North Station is before the end of the concert at The Garden.
32. but you went to Nantasket Beach first.
33. and you know the one line that does not go to Kenmore Square and Fenway Park, but you never tell the tourists wearing out of town team hat/jerseys when the Huntington Train comes along.
37. Never have. But you still send the tourists there so they don’t go the the ‘bahs’ you like.
42. My mother still gets mad when she gets a milk shake instead of a frappe. And if you pronounce it Frappé you are either a Barney, yuppie or poser.
49. And when he says it is going to snow, he’s RIGHT.
53. or the Museum of Science
55. And when you hear his name your first thought is “I’ll be blasting you!!”
72. This one killed me. Or any Republican Governor. Hello Bill Weld.

My Additions

101. You went to Pizza Pad before or after a Red Sox game. It is now an f’n McD’s.
102. You went to a concert at The Rat, The Channel or The ‘dise’, and you saw a name band not just locals.
103. You don’t get sprinkles on your ice cream dammit. They are called Jimmies and they are chocolate.
104. It will always be Route 128 not 95 and it ends at the Braintree split not in Dedham/Milton.
105. You listened to Johnny Most announce Celtics games and you believed every other player in the league was a thug.
106. Every time you return you have to eat at least at Papa Gino’s, or D’Angelos if not one of the local favorites.
107. Your two week vacation every summer is the same weeks at the same cottage, hotel, or house down the Cape, the lakes of New Hampshire (or Newie) or the coast of Maine, preferably OOB (Old Orchard Beach for the uninitiated). Hampton Beach, Good Harbor, Nantasket, Revere Beach, Carson Beach, Singing Beach, Wingaersheak are all day trips.
108. The trip you talk about for six months before and after is Disney World, Aruba or Cancun. Rarely anyplace else.