View Single Post
Old 12-05-2023, 03:25 PM
J0hn Collin$

Default December 2023 Pickup Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Wow, nice stuff!!!

Real hard to find a 1969 Ryan so nicely centered. Well done. And you're preaching to the choir about the 1971s. Is there a single human being who has ever gotten the 'correct' and deserved grade on a 1971 card??? I think not. Those black bordered bee-yotches are a nightmare for all submitters.
Thanks Elms.

Attached below is a pic of the back of the '69 Ryan. PD to say the least, and he also has print dots on his sleeves on the front. But agreed, the centering and also the lack of the "missing pixel" on the front made me go for this one anyway when I bought it raw a few years ago. Also the image is focused. All too often on the '69 - Nolan has lipstick on or multiple sets of bushy eyebrows. I think if this card didn't have the PD it would have been at least a 5.5.

Couldn't agree with you more on the '71's. And sorry, but no grading company - including SGC - knows what do do with them. This Seaver is considerably sharper than a duplicate '71 Clemente #630 that I sent them in the previous order. They gave that card a 7.

Either way I will take it, these cards are all for my PC.

Last edited by jchcollins; 12-05-2023 at 03:27 PM.