Thread: SGC question...
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 12:02 PM
Tim B
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I'd have to research to find an example but I believe I have seen a prewar card with a stamp on the back in an SGC holder with a numerical grade. I don't have a problem with this, or in the case of a pen or pencil mark. As Leon mentioned I do see a distinction between a stray mark or stamp and recoloring or trimming to enhance a cards appearance.
I'd love to see it produced. As far as I know, that's not how SGC works.

Sometimes, a card can have a stray mark sneak through - anywhere. In addition, some sets with sloppy production value produce 'marked' cards that often have stray printing marks. Good luck finding a 1969 Topps Super Mays without the print spot. It does happen in other sets too. The printing of the Red Hearts resulted in many speckled cards. Around the name, team and position.

As for the stamp, I know some 'sets' were created by collectors, in a way. There's a guy on here who is pursuing a T206 set that has been hit with a personalized stamp on the back by their original owner (pretty darn good thread). He's got a bunch and wants them all. A set within the set, in a way. As such, perhaps PSA or SGC would be willing to work with a collector in that way. I'm not entirely sure.