Thread: SGC question...
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 02:39 PM
Tim B
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellthegum View Post
Here are a few examples, but maybe they've changed their policies. I don't know how old these are:
T212 Obak with stamp
36 Diamond Stars (this is alleged to be printer's ink, but could be anything)
59 Topps with pen
71 OPC with pen
You learn something new every day. Perhaps they just slipped thru? None of them seem high grade to begin with so perhaps it was done quickly and overlooked? I have always wondered exactly how much time is spent on a card. I'd imagine more on a high value card than a post 1970s card. Tobacco cards seem to have the craziest variations (stamps, ghost images, crazy miscuts, color fade; to name a few) so maybe the stamp is explainable, just not by me. The Robinson has me stumped - that's a bad slip. That Mantle couldn't grade better than Poor so maybe the grader just casually flipped it and holstered it. The blurry picture and unattractive nature makes it hard to see but somethings up. Interesting and makes me wonder how the process al works. In my head it's like NASA but it could be a guy in a dark room with a flashlight for all I know. I wanted to ask if I could have a tour when they were in NJ but felt like that probably crossed a line...

That said, I appreciate the info and the work you did. Information is king. I'll be more careful when looking fat graded cards for sure.

This turned into a decent little thread, huh?