View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 09:30 AM
$téve VV1lk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
Steve,

For the last few years I considered myself a set guy. However, my budget isn't unlimited. I have come to see that I need/want to make every card count. I want cards that matter to me or effect me in some way. There are sooooo many sets that I love. I will never, ever be able to build them all. I have recently arrived at conclusions similar to yours. So, I have identified key cards from each set that I would really like to have. Over time, I feel as though I could obtain a nice sampling of many different sets. You have to do what you like. You aren't collecting for me or anyone else. Collect what you like, what moves you. If commons feel expensive and burdensome, don't mess with them. A nice smattering of star cards from various sets would be very nice. When I finish my current project, that is what I am doing. There is no wrong way of doing this. Happy collecting!!
Yea, I think that I am going that route. The common cards just arent that interesting to me. I tried doing it, haven't found nearly as much enjoyment in it. I'm sure finally getting the complete set would be surely be worth it in the end, but I think I want the continued enjoyment, rather than one big hurrah at the end, and only to pull out the big name cards ever again.