View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Dan Bretta

I definitely think this album was put together around the time the photos were taken...you can just tell the age of old photos and paper when you've handled enough of them. Definitely old and period.

I recall paying about $50-$75 for each photo that was unidentified because I knew I could easily identify the players and had identified many of them before the auctions were over...I got outbid on most of the photos that were identified players and it seems they went for $100 or more each...I also recall the McIntyre photos selling for more when "Matty" was written underneath of them and I'm assuming it's because people believe it is in his hand. Lots of the non-player photos were in the $10 range. I got one with a child wearing a baseball mitt and it said "My boy" underneath of it. And that jogs my memory a bit..I recall now trying to find out if McIntyre had any children to see if the inscriptions were written in his hand. I never could find out anything on that front.

edited to add: McIntyre's obituary is now posted on the Deadball Era's website...it appears he had no children which increases my skepticism regarding the album being in his hand.

http://thedeadballera.com/Obits/Obit...atty.Obit.html

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 11-23-2012 at 08:05 PM.