View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 04:17 PM

Default Woody Crowson Signature

Sorry for reviving such an old thread, however I'm interested in getting some sort of estimated value for a Woody Crowson signature.

The signature is on a 4x6 index card with a typed title “Philadelphia Athletics of 1945” and includes the signature of Woody Crowson, who played 1 game in the big leagues and passed away at the age of 28.

This card was obtained by my father who was an autograph collector from the early 1940’s until is death in 1994. He was a member of the press in the 1940’s & 1950’s in the Seattle area, and one of the original contributors to “Sports Condensed News”, which I believe is one of the first publications to feature articles on memorabilia collecting.

This card has never been sold, owned by another dealer, or offered for sale.

My father was good friends with fellow Seattle area autograph collector Ralph Winnie. As a kid in the early 1980’s I remember Ralph pestering my dad for one particular autograph, I can’t remember if this was the item of interest.

There are total of 31 signatures on the card. Some of the other signatures of interest are:
Frankie Hayes – 6 time all star who died in 1955 at age 40
Russ Christopher – an All Star who died in 1954 at age 37
Don Black – an All Star who died in 1959 at age 42
Connie Mack – manager, deceased 1956
Al Simmons – coach, deceased 1956

Appreciate any help, Dave